Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Welcome to.... Wednesday

Welcome to ... Grad School... Wednesday
So last week was "Spring Break" - the only thing spring break about it was that I didn't have classes.
 I did not go on any exciting vacation, road trip, no trip back home, not even a little day trip to "get away" - Welcome to Grad School #1 - No time nor energy nor money for a get away.
Because I did not go anywhere for Spring Break, I had planned on getting caught up with all my work I was unable to get done the week before that, and also get ahead in the upcoming work. - Which would have been Welcome to Grad School #2 - had I just worked all week it would have been a Welcome to Grad School #2 - doing homework during your spring break. But instead my brain decided to not really want to function so much, so I got very very little done over spring break, so instead I'm jumping to Welcome to Grad School #3 - Burnt out by Midterms...
After Spring Break - I had one paper due that Monday, right after break - my essay for Non-Fiction workshop - Welcome to Grad School #4 - No real break.
Got our papers (that were due right before break) back yesterday - what is usually a decent Undergrad paper, is a lower B Graduate paper. - Welcome to Grad School #5 - it's not just a step up or even a hop away from Undergrad, it's a huge leap!
Right now- my energy level is none existent, my emotions are haywire. The littlest things will piss me off, that usually will just annoy me. I feel like crying myself to sleep some nights. I want to go home quite a bit. Sometimes I don't feel like I belong here. Welcome to Grad School #6 - you have no control over sleep or your emotions.
In Undergrad I didn't have a problem with finding professors that wanted to help me improve at some kind of level, here in Grad School - the professors won't reach out to help you, you need to reach out to them for help. Some professors you won't get a long with at all for certain reasons, that's okay in Grad School. Just don't take their classes anymore. Welcome to Grad School #7 - Find professors that you "click" with early on in your "career" here/there, the sooner you find the "good professors" or ones that you like, the easier it will be on every level. Sometimes your professors will become friends, psychologists, a second set of parents to you, whatever ... Most of them are glad to help in anyway, even if it is just a hug or an ear to talk to. :) Don't get discouraged by the "bad ones."
Welcome to .... Grad School!
Tune in tomorrow for Throwback Thursdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment