Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Obsessed with Tuesday

Hi all. Welcome to our second Obsessed with Tuesday. This week is a bit crazy for me so this will probably be a short one - also why it's going up so late.
Today's Obsession: Cowboys and Country boys
So I can't explain why I have this obsession, really. It's just something that is there and is not easily hidden. And I guess you can/should add "southern boys" on here too. Although, a lot of times at least one of the other two things listed above. And the southern boys thing is more just their accents then that they live or are from the South or whatever. (Wow! This is really bad rambling.) But yes. I basically drool at the sight of a cowboy or real country boy. Not a fake one -they have to be a real one! Went to my first rodeo in August in Lewiston, Idaho. And I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself because there were SO MANY cowboys around! It was great, don't get me wrong. But omg. I didn't know where to look when there wasn't anything going on in the ring. So many to look at. In fact, at one point I tried to get "back stage" (I don't know the right lingo, but you know what I mean) - sadly, they didn't let me back because I wasn't with a rider. But I tried. It was great. The hats and the belt buckles and the boots and the tight jeans and flannel shirts..... I think I'm getting hot just talking about it. I had cowboys in my dreams for weeks after that! I love the country boys because 9/10 times they always have great solid values. They were raised the same way that I was so our values just click.
Now with Joel - He grew up in Texas. So there's the "Southern boy" thing - although now he lives in New Jersey, so not sure how "Southern" he is anymore. Not sure how strong the accent is either, since we haven't talked on the phone yet. But yeah. He's got all the southern values, I think. I don't know. Now I'm just rambling on. So I just stop writing this and get to work on my homework.
Tune in tomorrow for Welcome to... Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I have a secret affection for cowboys, too. I come from a horse family, so I grew up hanging out with cowboys during the summer, some of them related to me. The chaps, the way they talk, I just want one to carry me off into the mountains!

    ReplyDelete