Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Maddening Young Love Monday and Obsessed with Tuesday (HARRY POTTER) in 1!

Well unfortunately (or fortunately - I'll stand by the "no news is good news" theory, I guess.) I don't have much to update or write on the Maddening Young Love Monday. We are still madly in young love together, I suppose you can say. We haven't talked much lately, I've been super swamped with "stuff" and he's was in Louisiana all last week for evaluations for work. The one day that he was able to get on last week, was, of course, the day that I decided to sleep in and so I missed him. But it was still good to know that he was thinking about me. He sent me a message saying so. So that's good there. No bad news, so that's always good.
As far as Obsessed with Tuesday goes - today I will write about my obsession with Harry Potter. I know there are at least some of my friends that have been waiting for this one. As sad as this may see to some people, it is a literal, legit Obsession. I mean had I not been introduced to Harry Potter years and years ago, I could have lived without it. But now that I have had both the books and movies in my  life, I don't know that I can actually live without them. I mean I probably could, if I had to. But I do go through withdraw type of problems if I go too long without reading the books and seeing the movies - and yes, it is with both. (Sometimes these types of "obsessions" are either with just the books or the movies). I love them both equally, and for the same reason - that the craft that they present is so well done.
First let's start with the books - since at least some of them came first - and J. K. Rowling. First of all - let me just get this out of the way - J. K. Rowling is a genius when it comes to ways with words and writing. She wrote these books, this series, so well, I think that not only her new fame can attest to that, but the people in the fame. There are some books that become very popular among one select group of people, one demographic - one race, one age group, one location where people reside, one gender, etc. But with Rowling's books - the Harry Potter series she has fans among all of these demographics, not just one. Which is the best thing that could happen to an author - especially on her first book - or series of books. Because Harry Potter was so popular among all the people - again, all the ages, genders, multiple countries - she is pretty much guaranteed a following and readership for all future books that she intends to write.  This success is something that every author, writer, strides for, and is something that any upcoming writer - like myself - dreams of obtaining, especially on their first series or book. However, what is odd about the Harry Potter series is that if you were to ask me, what exactly is it that draws me to them, (which several people have already asked), I don't think I could give a definitive answer. I'm not exactly sure what it is exactly about these books that interests me so much. I can't really put my finger on it. I just get sucked in from the first book to the last, every single time I read them - which is at least once a year. When I read them, it's like I'm reading them for the first time, every time. Even though, obviously, it isn't.
Now let's talk about the movies - the all star cast - for one thing is just that. An all star cast. I could not think of anyone better to play any of those roles than they British actors that they found. I mean these movies are really a "who's who among British actors." And normally I would be diverted with too many "stars" in one movie, but this series is different. I feel like it's only suiting to have this all star cast in these movies, considering the story-line that it follows. By having the super, distinguished "older" actors - the "adults" in the film, professors, mothers, fathers, etc. and actresses, mixed in with the new ones - the students (Harry and Gang). The audience really gets the sense that the students are learning from their teachers. I think this is the case because the young actors are actually learning from the older ones, as if they are mentor and students. And it's perfect!  Especially a relationship like Harry and Sirius. It's brilliant, really. And to talk about the movies just themselves, apart from the books - Just as movies they are great (whether they follow the books or not - which for the most part they do). They are amazing movies, entertaining, gripping, sad, happy, thrilling.. everything! I love them. And SNAPE!!!!!!! haha. sorry.
Anyways, as you can see I am very very obsessed with both. And I will leave it at that.
Come back tomorrow for Welcome to.... Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Harry Potter, books and movies. And SNAPE! Ha! Love Alan Rickman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Alan Rickman is Amazing! He will be a whole other day of obsessions. He's brilliant!
    PS - I think we should capitalize on our common love for Harry Potter sometime. Not sure how or when or what but we should. haha.

    ReplyDelete