Thursday, March 15, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Well, we made it through the first half of the week. Way to go! Now just got to get through the rest. Most stressful Spring Break ever! UGH! I don't know why it's felt so stressful but it has. Kind of can't wait for it to be over.
Anyways. Throwback Thursday. Thursday's I'll be discussing things from the past as in TV Shows, Movies, Songs, Bands, etc. - Slightly different from Flashback Friday where I discuss memories from past.
My first Throwback will got to Fraggle Rock and ALF. I used to love these shows! My mom says that it was the only time I'd ever watch TV. My love for Fraggle Rock came from my big sister, she loved the show (even know all the words to the theme song) so in turn, I loved the show. When I think back to this show, it worries me a little why we liked it show much. These weird, brightly colored creatures that live underground - and are always singing - and steal turnips (??) from the humans that live above them. I don't know it just seems like a very strange concept for a child's show. But we loved it. We sang along to all the songs and knew all the characters names and everything. It's crazy. Oh and what we're those weird big fat things too? I have no clue. But we loved that show so much haha. Strange what kids are attracted to.
Fraggle Rock Theme Song

And ALF - who could forget ALF?! The crazy, but SUPER funny, alien who eats cats. This might love might worry me more so than Fraggle Rock does. When I ask people if they remember ALF, the usual (and probably "normal") response is "Oh my god. That show used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid!"  But for me, I loved it. And not just loved it, I was obsessed with it. I even had ALF stuffed animals and an ALF sleeping bag. It was probably one of my first obsessions. I liked Fraggle Rock, probably just because my sister did, but I LOVED ALF - all on my own too. I remember sitting in front of the TV when ALF came on and laughing at the most ridiculous things ever. Looking back on it, I always wonder how a show like that could have made it as long as it did. I suppose it was probably because of people like me. I can't explain why I liked it so much, other than I thought it was funny. I don't know. Chalk another one up to my quirky personality, I guess. I did love it though. Clearly, if I convinced my mom to get me ALF merchandise. (Or maybe she saw how much I loved it and got it for me, without me asking. Which might be even worse because she then she would be encouraging this love. But maybe she was just happy I found something to love. I don't know.)
ALF Opening Theme

Anyways, That's about it for this Throwback Thursday. Check in tomorrow for a blast from my past on Flashback Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment