Friday, March 23, 2012

Flashback Friday!

Another Friday has come. Flashback Friday again.
So I'm going to change it up a bit from the first one. I modeling it after my friend Tara's Flashback Friday (PS - go check out here blog (http://tarababble.blogspot.com) and I'll be looking back at actual blogs and facebook posts that I have made on previous Fridays, or days. So let's just jump right in.

One week ago - Our first Flashback Friday, and I was "enjoying" spring break and remembering my Papa.

Two weeks ago - I was also remembering Papa Cobb - It was his birthday on that day.

A Month ago - I was having all kinds of positive things happen to me. A student told me I've helped them so much (already since it had only been the 2nd month of the semester.) Joel had told me "It's Fate. I'm Yours." An exciting day.


2 Months ago - I was mourning the Great Joe Paterno. "Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." -Joe Paterno. It was at this time that the whole world was mourning for him. He had just passed away after suffering from Cancer. (Damn it took another one!) I was extremely moved and saddened by this because he was one of my heros and idols. Going to Penn state - he was the name that you had to know. Some people had said oh he's just a football coach, I don't see what the big deal is. But he was much much more than just a football coach. He was an amazing person. I got to talk to him for like 10 minutes one time while I was at PSU - 10 of the best minutes of my life! He told me everything that I'd need to hear then, and now. And I will always remember that. It's sad that some people will remember him because of the sandusky case, those will never know who the real Joe Paterno is. The world will miss him always... 




A Year Ago - I was spending lots of time with my niece, Cora - we had just moved to North Carolina the month before. Also was probably anxiously awaiting to hear back from Grad School Admissions on which ones I got into and which ones I got denied from - Only 1/ 7 schools ended up accepting me - that's how I ended up in Idaho. 


5 Years Ago - I would be in my 2nd to last year at Penn State and anxiously awaiting for Spring Break. At this time I would have still been with Brandon, so I was probably arguing with him over what I was eating for dinner or if i went to the gym or something of that sort. 

Come back tomorrow for Silly Saturday - which I promise will be much more exciting than today's blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment