Friday, March 30, 2012

Flashback Friday!

Hi ya'll. Another Flashback Friday - and the last weekend of March - where is this time going?!
So I'm just going to get right to it again today - maybe tomorrow will be more rambling after I finish this dang paper.
One Week Ago: I was worrying about my essay that was going to be workshopped on that coming Monday. I always get nervous when this happens, but even more so with this essay because it wasn't really a "finished" essay, it was written in the middle of my research, and it was one part of what will be a whole book, so there were A LOT of unanswered questions in the piece. And at the same time - I had just gone to see my pal Jory read from his new chapbook, so I was inspired to write poetry. So I wrote a (probably) horrible poem about Blakelock.
Two Weeks Ago: I was listening to a lot of music and frantically writing that piece for Workshop, trying to get it done by class on Monday - which I did not.
A Month Ago: We were once again getting random snow storms - normal. I was fascinated with the guys that walk around campus with their cowboy hats and boots on. and I was attempting to explain the difference between a thesis statement (for their essays) and the thesis (for my degree) - and find a weird enjoyment from the instant fear in their eyes when I said that it has to be at least 90 pages. Oh, Freshmen. I was also trying to figure out the Leap and Hump Day - both were on the same day in February first - so I posed the question, Do you Leap or Hump First?
A Year Ago: I was celebrating applying for an apartment out here in Idaho with my step dad's homemade pizza. I miss that pizza so much! You can't get good pizza at all out here. (My facebook profile picture from a year ago - Cora in her Penn State outfit! She looked like a little Linebacker then. Love it!)
5 Years Ago: Let's see... That would make it 2007. I imagine I was still getting back into "the swing of things" after returning from Spring Break. Also still making the transition between Hazleton - a small satellite campus - to University Park - a huge main campus - Penn State. I remember this being quite the transition, so I was probably still going crazy then. And this was the Spring that I didn't have Brandon with me, I think. So doing the long distance thing again.

Tune in tomorrow for Silly Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment