Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Supernatural Wednesdays!

Okay - some of you, and you know who you are, will love these posts - I think. First for Supernatural, The Originals will come later. SPOILERS!!!

Supernatural Season 9, Episode 5:
Dog Dean Afternoon
General thoughts: There is a lot of comedy in this episode. While it's refreshing to have that much and I did love it. I was still looking for the intense emotions that we've had in previous seasons. It's touched on a little bit at the end, but I need more. What's driving these guys?!?
Thoughts coming as I watched the episode.
Opening couple of minutes - Forked Tongue guy - WTH? Weird, creepy, but I have to have I love his "outfit."
And now he's stealing a bag of cats? There's something wrong with this guy. EWWWWW!!!! Wait! Hold up! He eats the cats alive?!?! Who or more importantly WHAT is this guy?! Dude, is seriously messed up!
Haha - Oh Dean. I love that you thought the dog was a suspect - never know with this show, Dogs do not necessarily equal dogs in this show. And now the dog is going to help solve the case?! Sweet!
Now we're literally talking with them? And now Dean is a dog/human - perfect! I love it! hahaha So funny. And is that Bobby's voice in the dog? Sounds like it.
Okay, back to Forked Tongue guy - who we find out is seriously seriously seriously messed up! Weirdo who has cancer. Okay then. It's cute (in a not cute but totally psycho way) that he thinks he can both kill Dean and eat Sam ... Nice try buddy!

The Originals: More Spoliers!
(So I preface this by saying that I'm a little tipsy right now, so if things don't make a lot of sense - I blame it on the Margaritas).
I love Elijah! He's great. His character brings a great balance to the show. - Addition - the Elijah in this episode is different than what I've seen before. WHAT? Not sure how I feel about the new one...
I love when Klaus calls people (girls, women) Love - Just the way he says it - I love it!
Messing with Hailey and the baby - oohhhh!!! Klaus is going to be pissed!!!
Rebecca breaks my heart - those tears! Damn girl! OOOO Rebecca and Marcel hot and heavy! Then slam he breaks her heart... poor Rebecca.
Still formulating my thoughts about the show itself, especially in relation to Vampire Diaries - more to come on that probably next week.
Sorry for my drunk rambling!

5 comments:

  1. T & I were discussing this today. The angst, dark, intense emotions and the connection between the brothers has been missing these last couple of episodes and we're missing it too. It's almost that they're trying to bring a brightness to it that doesn't belong, not with everything the brothers have been through to date.

    I do love the comedy aspects, but it needs the balance we've enjoyed for the last 8 seasons and this one and the Oz one just didn't have it.

    Forked Tongue guy was creepy and the whole idea that he could kill Dean and eat Sam/Zeke was unbelievable, not to mention the fact that Sam/Zeke was knocked out, like really knocked out, which bears the question, how weak has Zeke become after having used his powers on saving Sam and saving Charlie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - and don't forget Cas! He saved Cas too! :) But yeah. This much comedy/lightness doesn't really belong with the boys.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. This show hasn't survived for 8 seasons and into the 9th because it's all comedy and sunshine. The fandom loves the angst, darkness, blood and intensity balanced by some comedy to bring you back from the edge. T did say that one of the main writers left for another show that Kritke (sp?) does and I do think that's making an impact on Supernatural.

      Delete
    3. Yes, It's making a HUGE impact! It's all the writing. The boys are delivering their lines and all, it's not in their performance but the writing.

      Delete
    4. And as it is with any show that a writer leaves for another, the show they began writing for suffers and Kripke pulled him to Revolution and the writing on that show (another I watch because of Billy Burke) has improved.

      Delete