Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Family Funday - April Fool's Day with Grandma

Well, today is the first of April - that means that it's Dylan and Miri's birthday and April Fool's Day! So I'm going to dedicate this blog to Grandma Cobb, who never failed to miss an April Fool's day.
Sunday Family Funday - April Fool's Day with Grandma Cobb:
When we were in Elementary School (which is formally known as Grammar School - but we didn't learn much grammar, so it's Elementary School) Grandma Cobb was the babysitter. It was convenient because her and Papa lived right down the road - 2 houses down. So before and after school we'd hang out with Grandma. And of course, like all Grandmas, she'd always spoil us with breakfast before and snacks after school. She was always this sweet, loving, caring woman - one of the best people I ever knew - except for April 1st every year. She ALWAYS played April Fool's jokes on us, I think she enjoyed it more than most people. Her favorite jokes (and when I say favorite jokes I mean the ones that she did over and over again) was to replace the sugar with salt and milk with chocolate milk. I think she did those every year and would ALWAYS laugh when we fell for it. By the 4th or 5th grade, I began to catch on and start thinking of jokes to play on her. One year I replaced her coffee with hot chocolate milk when she was out of the room. I thought this was pretty clever. She loved that I got into the April Fool's day spirit. Miss her, but I know she's watching over me every day, today waiting to see if I will get any jokes played on me. (She's probably the reason for the snow on the first day of April - Grandma playing her jokes from heaven. haha)
Grandma Cobb and me <3 

Anyways, Come back tomorrow for Maddening Young Love Monday - and boy am I going mad. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment