Friday, April 6, 2012

Flashback Friday - Thinking of the Summer

Flashback Friday: Common thing among all these - thinking of the summer to come.
A Week Ago: I was frantically trying to write a 5-6 page literature review without reading the whole articles of many that I had to discuss in the paper. Needless to say, I got it done - 45 minutes late, but still got it in. I realized that the next day it might not have fully answered the question that I had asked in it, but we'll see what my professor thinks.
A Month Ago: I was extremely relieved and celebrating (on my own) that Joel returned home after being deployed for a month. It's always good to hear from him, but especially on that day with that news! (I keep praying that I hear from him soon, again, it's been 2 weeks now.)
6 Months Ago: (This is a new addition to Flashback Friday.) It would have been my first full month in Grad School. I probably was extremely homesick (as I am now) and still not quite sure what Grad school was and what were expected of. I don't think I quite knew where I fit in with everyone yet - as in my writing. I didn't really know what I was doing yet.
1 Year Ago: I was doing research on the Mysterious State of Idaho. Got my first and only acceptance letter, after many rejections, so I was doing research to see what exactly I was getting myself into.
5 Years Ago: I was a Penn Stater. Getting ready for the end of the semester and to go back home. Was trying to figure out what I was going to do that summer after the semester ended. Brandon had an internship at NASA. I was trying to decided whether to stay in State College so I'd be closer to him (in Maryland) or go home.
10 Years Ago: I was still able to enjoy Papa Cobb. This was the year before he passed away. Miss that man. We were no doubt getting ready for the B- Mets Baseball season.


Hopefully next week I'll have something excited to update on for the 1 week ago report. Hoping to hear from Joel today!

No comments:

Post a Comment