Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Welcome to ... Life... Wednesday

Welcome to Life...
That's what I'm told. It's all part of life, so get used to it. Why do people think that this is comforting to hear when you're going through grief? It's not. At least not for me. Yes, I know it's been a long time since my Grandfather died - 9 years exactly today  - and yes, I know it's supposed to get better, easier as time goes on. But sometimes it doesn't. There are some people that you can't just forget, you can't just get over. My grandfather was not only my grandpa - Papa Cobb, but he was my dad, my best friend, my inspiration in everything, my drive in life. He was everything to me! So today I will be remembering great times with him.
I remember when he turned 65 - almost exactly a month before he passed away. He told me that was the one goal he had in his adult life - was to make it to 65. Once he made it to that birthday he knew my grandma would be taken care of through Social Security and he'd be able to be truly happy and go on to God's plans after that. That was the most important thing to him.
I love that man. Will always love him. Miss him more than anything and anyone. And I will never get "used" to him not being around.
So Welcome to Life - because people are always going to be leaving - it's part of life, yes. But get used to it - this will never happen.
Kate and Papa Cobb

Papa Cobb 

Football Team with the SparCat Trophy - Trophy in honor of Papa Cobb 
Tune in tomorrow for Throwback Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment