Saturday, April 7, 2012

Silly Saturday - Drunk through Osmosis?

Can you get drunk through Osmosis?
So last night was the Fugue benefit - raising money for our literary journal here at UI. (All you non-UI peeps should subscribe to it.) Anyways the benefit was great. Lots of fun. Great readings! And lots of alcohol - of course. There's always alcohol involved with MFA events.
Anyways, the alcohol was for sale - that's one of the "fundraising" things they did. I didn't drink at all - as I have $5 in my bank account and 1 beer was $4. But I sure felt drunk by the time I got home. Aleks says we got drunk through Osmosis. Because there was so much alcohol in the room, it just went through our skin and we got drunk that way. I'll buy it. Because I definitely felt drunk.
Or maybe it was the brownies - either too many of them, or whoever made them snuck something in them. I had a lot of brownies. Too many. It was probably just an extreme sugar high and high on being around people instead of hiding in my apartment worrying about everything.
I don't know what it was. Still worried about Joel though.  Still nothing from him. Don't know where that boy is. I'm kind of scared.
Anyways. I have nothing else for today. My mind isn't very awake yet. Come back tomorrow for Sunday Family Funday and Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment