Thursday, April 5, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Boybands from Middle School

This week's Throwback Thursday is dedicated to all the Music crazes that existed when "we" (as in I) were in middle school. There's a lot of good ones between all the boy bands - oh yeah, it was during boy band madness - and the one hit wonder songs...
So the first place to start would be the boy bands... I remember there were competitions on which one was better than the others... Great times!
1) Backstreet Boys
I'll never break your heart
I believe for most teenage girls at my school - BSB was THE Boy band at the time. Brian (always my favorite), Nick, Howie, AJ, and Kevin. As my friend Zac pointed out - I'm glad we had "that one dude tracing a tear down his face" - we wouldn't have know what emotion to feel if we didn't have him. I'm not sure what made them better than the others, but that was the general census. You didn't go to a boy band concert if it wasn't Backstreet Boys. I guess in this way I was always a rebel - went to a 98 degrees concert for my first concert, ever, I think. And had a NSYNC boardgame...
2) NSYNC
 Tearin' Up My Heart
NSYNC was the second coolest boyband at the time. I always thought that they were better than BSB, but that's part of what made me "uncool" I suppose. And yes as stated earlier - I had the NSYNC board game. It was a backstage pass game, where your goal was to "get the backstage pass" and you either had to collect all the guys in the band or you were one of the guys as your marker - I forget. But yes .. there was a game, I don't think there was a BSB boardgame - so there! Justin, JC, Lance, Joey, and Chris made up this fab. band! They generated many, many screams and fads - the Bye Bye Bye dance! 
3) 98 Degrees 

 I Do, Cherish You
98 Degrees were the third big boy band of my middle school days... There were, apparently, not equal to the other two bands. When I was so excited because my parents got my tickets to their concert, I was laughed at because it was 98 Degrees, and not NSYNC or BSB - SIGH. Middle School is so stuff. Nick, Drew, Justin and Jeff... they were just as hot, just as good at singing, and just as good at choreography. And their videos look way cooler - most of them. But alas, they weren't as cool then.  (Rumor has it they're doing a reunion tour at the end of this year)
4) And of course, we can't talk about boybands without talking about some of the original ones. 
New Kids On the Block - my sisters first concert. 

Boys II Men

All For One

And of course, the original boy band with Boys in it - Jackson 5

Come back tomorrow for Flashback Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment