Sunday, December 1, 2013

25 Days of Book Boyfriends!

Okay, so I'm changing things up this month and doing the 25 days (or probably more because once I start I just can't stop!) of Fictional Boyfriends. Why? Because I can, :)
So I'm trying to get it cued up with the Word Wenches FB group, until then I will be putting forth my own men/ideas...
Day 1: Mr. Darcy! The original!
Let's face it. What woman hasn't read Pride and Prejudice and fell for Mr. Darcy? I sure have, every single time I read that book!
Who didn't swoon when Mr. Darcy asked: "May I have the next dance, Ms. Bennett?" ?? I certainly did.
"Mr. Darcy, soon drew the attention of the room by his fine, tall person, handsome features, noble mien, and the report, which was in general circulation within five minutes after his entrance, of his having ten thousand a year. The gentlemen pronounced him to be a fine figure of a man, the ladies declared he was much handsomer than Mr. Bingley, and he was looked at with great admiration for about half the evening, till his manners gave a disgust which turned the tide of his popularity; for he was discovered to be proud, to be above his company, and above being pleased; and not all his large estate in Derbyshire could then save him from having a most forbidding, disagreeable countenance, and being unworthy to be compared with his friend." (11-12)
I don't know about you, but I was not fooled by this. I immediately fell for Mr. Darcy and was waiting with baited breath for him and Elizabeth to finally get together!
 
There have been many faces of Mr. Darcy through the years, but non are talked about as much as when Colin Firth played that oh so famous role. 
And who could forget when Mr. Darcy strips?! 
This guy also played Mr. Darcy in the version with Kiera Knightingly as Elizabeth Bennett 
And Darcy's proposal to Lizzy ... heart wrenching! Mr. Darcy proposes - Only Mr. Darcy's proposal would turn into an argument like this. 
But this was my favorite scene! Of course! They kiss!
And then there was this... A Modern Pride and Prejudice?



No comments:

Post a Comment