Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lessons learned from some Dads in my life

So today's Father's Day... naturally this post will be about all the dads in my life.
First I have to start with the man that was ALWAYS there for me, even after he passed away - my Grandpa.
Lessons I've learned from Papa Cobb:
- Never go to bed angry.
- Always say what's on your mind, never leave anything unsaid.
- ALWAYS Love unconditionally, no matter what. That's what real love is.
- Whenever you need to blame someone for something, there's always the dog ;)
- Stick with your team, whatever team you choose- The Yankees - no matter what happens  in the season.
- Always do your best, give it your best shot, and be your best. You will be remembered for it.
- Always smile.
Lessons I've learned from Papa Blakelock:
- Never forget where you come from.
- Love with all your heart and nothing less.
- Find a good guy and you'll be happy for life.
- It won't always be easy, but it will always be worth it.
Lessons learned from my Dad - Jim Cobb
- Never quit, only quitters loose.
- Even though sometimes it doesn't show as much as others, it doesn't mean that you aren't loved and appreciated.
- Always carry chapstick. :)
Lesson learned from my brother-in-law, Jonathan, and father of my niece, Cora:
- Never be ashamed of what you've done or didn't do in the past. You can always learn from the past. Lesson learned form my Step-dad, Tim:
- Everyone needs some love in their life, so love them - whether they are blood or not, love them like they are and you'll be loved back. <3
Lesson learned from Uncle Glenn:
- Sugar cookies are best when frozen and snuck into church on Christmas Eve.
- Making people laugh feels 100 times better than anything else, for both of you.
- Always stick by your family, they are blood and will always be there.
There have been times when I haven't had the greatest, best, or even a good relationship with my dad. Those times I cannot change, and part of me doesn't want to change them because I've learned from many that whatever has or hasn't happened in the past, has made you into who you are today and who you will become tomorrow. And I like, no love the person that I am right now. I can feel proud of who I am, so no I wouldn't change those. I also wouldn't change them because it allowed other people to step into my life and show me the love and support that I needed, Papa Cobb, Tim, Uncle Glenn - another dad, my God father... So this post goes out to all the dads that have helped me get through anything in my life, whether they know it or not. I love and appreciate every one of them and will never forget what they taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment